Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 2 EOC

The one thing that scares me the most about the Web is all the people on the web looking for a target they can aim at. Such as the pedophiles looking for innocent people they can do harm to.

As a child I was not allowed to have any sort of access to a computer for this same reason. My parents where always afraid of the pedophiles on the web. There are all sorts of websites that these types of people use to find a target. They login into these websites and target at young teenage girls. Unfortunately there is young girls out there who fall for this kind of stuff . Innocent people come up missing because this . Parents can only do so much. It is up to the kid and or person on the web to make the wrong choice and get involved with the wrong person. This is very scary to me. I have not yet ran into someone aiming at me for this reason. If I don’t know the person physically I won’t even bother getting to know that person. I for the most part know exactly what to do in a situation like this. Now as a parent I realize how scary this is to parents who have actually had a child missing because of sick people like this. It is amazingly scary how this all of a sudden spreads world wide on the web. I have younger brothers and sister and I always try to keep up with them. I believe parents should always be involved when kids are on the web. It is hard when parents work most of the time to be able to provide for their families but need to do anything possible to stay involved no matter what. Anything and everything can happen in just a matter of second.